25 Marathons…Kayak 26 miles of English Channel…1,500 miles of Cycling 6 weeks of endurance, much of it at altitude, raising money for the Forces Children’s Trust.
A small team consisting of Andy North, Dave Edwards & Mike Senior completed over 2,000 miles of running, cycling and kayaking for 6 weeks from Catterick Garrison in Yorkshire to Gibraltar.
What WAS the Sunshine Challenge?
• 6 weeks of Endurance from Yorkshire to Gibraltar
• Setting off from Catterick Garrison North Yorkshire on Friday 19th August 2011 at 10am
• Running each morning for 3 hours (20 miles)
• Cycling afternoons 4 hours (45 miles)
• Through England, France & Spain
• Kayaking the Thames and across the English Channel
• Includes 6,000ft Col d’Aubisque climb in Pyrenees – route of Tour de France
• Total Distance 25 Marathons… 1,500 miles Cycling… 26 Miles Kayaking
Donations came from:
- BMB Clothing £100
- B&P Williams £65
- A&M North £1,400
- Glendinning Insurance £500
- Jenrick Group £750
- Joan Glenndinning Charity Golf Tournament £3,000
A true epic fund raiser, donating £5,815 for the FCT. Read more at www.sunshinechallenge.org